Get Access to Immediate, Honest & Compassionate Legal Advice
Austin Texas Personal Injury Attorneys
- You pay us nothing unless we win your case
- Call now for your free consultation
- Experienced, award-winning attorneys fighting for you
Get A Free, No Obligation Consultation
Call now! We're available 24/7(512) 982-9328
Or fill out the form below.
Personal Injury Cases are Complicated. Choosing a Lawyer Doesn’t Have to Be.
The client-focused attorneys at FVF are here to help.
At FVF, we know that an accident is a traumatic, confusing event. That’s why part of our mission as personal injury lawyers is to provide you as much information as possible when you need it most, without pressuring you to hire us.
Knowledge is power. It’s the difference between a case that gets dismissed in court and one that results in an outstanding resolution. Knowing what kind of result you should expect, how long the whole process takes, and what lawyer fees look like are big factors in the overall decision-making process. Before you can decide how to proceed with your case, you need to know your rights and how to assert them. And you need to understand your options: for instance, how to obtain proper medical care and how to pay for it.
Our attorneys have the expertise to answer all of these questions and more. We know you need fast, educated answers — that’s why our no cost consultation exists. FVF’s mission is to provide transparency and a variety of resources to help clients through this difficult event, while arming them with valuable information so they can make informed choices. With 24/7 availability, free case consultations, and a reputation for winning cases, we are committed to putting our clients’ needs first.
Accidents Come with Many Questions
There are infinite ways that people get hurt, and we have experience with many of them. Here are some of the most common questions clients have after being injured — all of which we can take you through in our no cost consultation:
- Automobile Accident Settlements
- What is a car accident case worth?
- How much does a car accident lawyer cost?
- How long does it take to receive a settlement after a car accident?
- 18-Wheeler, Semi-Truck, and Other Commercial Vehicle Accident Settlements
- How much is my claim worth?
- How do insurance settlements work in commercial vehicle accidents?
- How can I pay for medical care?
- Motorcycle Accident Settlements
- What can I expect from a motorcycle accident settlement?
- How do insurance companies calculate settlements?
- What is an acceptable settlement for a motorcycle accident?
- Pedestrian Accident Settlements
- How much is my bodily injury claim worth?
- What happens if I can’t pay my hospital bill?
- How do accident settlements work?
- How do I choose a car accident lawyer?
- Work-Related Accident Settlements
- What is the typical settlement like for an on-the-job back injury?
- How are work-related personal injury settlements paid out?
- How much do lawyers charge for accident claims?
- How do I claim compensation for a personal injury at work?
- Industrial Accidents
- How much should I expect for an industrial accident settlement?
- Why should I call a lawyer after an accident?
- How do I pay my hospital bill?
- How can I receive insurance money from an industrial accident?
- Drunk Driver Accident Settlements
- How much money will I receive for pain and suffering from my injury?
- How do I sue an insurance company after an auto accident with a drunk driver?
- What percentage of my settlement do accident lawyers get?
- How do car accident settlements work in a DUI case?
- What are punitive damages?
- Distracted Driving Settlements
- How much do you get for personal injury claim?
- Do I need a lawyer for a minor car accident?
- How long do car accident settlements take?
- How can I get help paying my hospital bills?
- Electrical Accidents, Explosions, Fires, and Other Disasters
- How are personal injury settlements calculated?
- How much should I sue for in my personal injury case?
- How can I maximize my personal injury settlement?
- How do I obtain a settlement with a public liability claim?
- Wrongful Death Cases
- What is a wrongful death lawsuit?
- How much is a wrongful death lawsuit worth?
- Do you pay taxes on accident settlements?
- How much is my claim worth?
Ready to Get Some Questions Answered?
How Can FVF Help You?
Although financial recovery is an integral part of our work, our legal team at FVF does much more than simply obtain compensation. We also view ourselves as client partners: a valuable source of information and support during this challenging chapter in your life.
More specifically, our experienced legal team can help you:
- Locate and obtain medical care
- Find ways to pay for your medical bills and expenses while you wait for case resolution
- Investigate your case and identify those who should be held accountable
- Negotiate medical costs with health care providers and insurance carriers
- Communicate with insurance providers in a way that won’t harm your case
- Preserve evidence and details that will help you win an appropriate settlement
- Understand your rights and what you are entitled to under the law
- If necessary, identify and apply for auto accident settlement loans
Our knowledgeable team members are available to answer your questions 24/7. We offer an initial case evaluation at no cost, and educational resources and trusted advice afterward.
It's Time to Act
How Much Compensation Can I Expect from My Case?
Every case is different, and the amount of compensation you receive from your case will depend on the extent of your damages. The following are examples of some common losses and damages recovered in accident cases.
- Your medical costs and related expenses
- Emotional trauma and mental health care costs
- Pain and physical impairment
- Lost income and future earning potential
- Property damage
While there is no exact science to estimating auto accident settlement amounts, there are factors that can affect the amount of compensation you receive.
- The seriousness of your injuries
- Whether your injuries affect your future finances or quality of life
- Your anticipated injury recovery time
- Whether you share some responsibility for the accident
- Whether the defendant is charged with a crime by a court of law
- How well you’ve done to protect your rights
How Much Can You Expect?
How Long Will My Case Take?
The short answer is, it depends. Some cases take just a few months to settle, while others may last for several years before they are resolved. The details of your case will determine its timeline. For instance, a car accident case that goes to trial will often last longer than one that is settled outside of the courtroom.
Generally, most cases proceed in the following manner.
- Investigation. Your lawyer will ask you about the event, how it occurred, and how you were hurt as a result. He or she will then gather evidence, such as medical records, insurance claims, police records, and other documentation that provides proof of your injury and the defendant’s negligence.
- Identifying and Proving Your Harms and Losses. Understanding the nature of your injuries and how they will impact your quality of life and finances is critical to determining how much you should expect to recover for compensation. Your lawyer will work with experts to make sure your losses are understood and proven.
- Sending a Demand. In many instances, we can attempt to resolve your case before a lawsuit is filed. Your lawyer will prepare a demand that is designed to put legal pressure on the insurance company to settle your case for the maximum insurance coverage available. The demand letter will detail your injuries and damages, and state how much money should be paid to resolve the matter.
- Filing the lawsuit. If your case cannot be resolved after a demand is sent, or if there are special circumstances that warrant filing a lawsuit sooner rather than later, your lawyer will initiate the litigation process. This involves formally filing a petition with the appropriate clerk in the proper county and getting the defendants served. Once the lawsuit is filed, the litigation process has begun and there will be judicial oversight on your case.
- Discovery. The bulk of legal casework occurs during the discovery phase. This is when your attorney investigates the defendant’s defenses, obtains depositions from witnesses, and plans the legal strategy he or she will use. The defendant will also learn more about your claims and plan their legal strategy for attempting to defend the case.
- Negotiation and Mediation. When most people think of filing a lawsuit if a car accident settlement is not reached, they imagine going to court like in the movies. The truth is most personal injury cases do not make it to trial. Accident court cases are expensive, time consuming, and risky for both sides. For this reason, most parties make a good faith effort to try to settle outside of court. During the negotiation phase, your lawyer will meet with the defendant’s legal team and try to obtain compensation for your damages. If an agreement is reached, you and your lawyer will agree to release the claims against the responsible party.
- Court. When negotiation fails to result in adequate accident settlement amounts, the case will proceed to trial. This is a rare occurrence, but can also be the most powerful method of maximizing your recovery, since the fate of your case will be left to a jury.
How Long Will Your Case Take?
FVF: The Advice You Need to Win Your Case
Our team at FVF strives to provide clients with the information they need to make educated choices about their medical care and legal case. FVF was founded with the mission of changing the reputation of personal injury law by handling cases with complete transparency and with the highest degree of integrity. When you work with FVF, you benefit from a legal team that has:
- Hundreds of successful cases
- Free case consultation
- 24/7 availability
- Personalized legal advice and knowledgeable support when you need it most
Learn About The Legal Team at Fogelman & Von Flatern
Suffering a personal injury can be extremely disruptive. A personal injury victim is immediately confronted with a series of choices they often feel forced to make with little or no guidance. Seeking help or information from the internet can lead the victim further down a rabbit hole, often creating more confusion than clarity. That’s because every personal injury is different, and each case has different factors and variables that should be considered before food advice can be given.
Our mission is simple: to offer transparency, education, and guidance to personal injury victims in Texas. We believe people who are impacted by a personal injury or wrongful death should have immediate, honest and compassionate access to legal advice in order to accomplish three main goals:
- Ensure you understand all of your options by educating you about your rights and responsibilities;
- Ensure you are not taken advantage of by others, including insurance companies and medical providers;
- Help you make good decisions and put your life back together while building the strongest case possible.
Aaron Von Flatern
Find Out How We Can Help You
When you hire FVF, you can be confident that your case will receive the highest level of attention from investigation through trial.