What should I expect out of a phone call with FVF Law?
First and foremost, we are interested in hearing about your concerns, and finding out what you seek to accomplish by talking with or hiring a personal injury lawyer. By understanding your needs, we can determine whether we recommend you a hire lawyer, and whether our firm is a good fit for you. Once we understand your needs, we will take the time to make sure you are educated on your rights and responsibilities so you can make informed decisions moving forward, with or without us. Our standard phone consultation takes approximately thirty minutes. During the consultation, we want to learn:
- The circumstances surrounding your injury or wrongful death claim.
- What medical care, if any, you’ve received so far.
- What your diagnoses or symptoms are.
- What insurance companies, if any, are involved, including auto insurance (if applicable), commercial liability insurance, and health insurance.
- What your immediate concerns are.
Once we have that basic information, we will take the time to educate you on at least the following:
- Options for obtaining additional medical care.
- Options for handling any medical bills you’ve received so far.
- Options for handling any future medical costs you might require because of your injuries.
- Options for handling insurance companies and adjusters.
- Options for handling lost income.
- What benefits you might have available from your own insurance policies.
- How personal injury lawyers are compensated for their efforts.
- Whether we believe we can add value to your case and, if so, how. We will not pressure you to hire us, and will give you an honest assessment of whether we believe hiring a personal injury attorney is in your best interest.